Main Promo Images
NAME : Dr. Leena Wadhwa
: Professor (Obst & Gynae)& Unit Incharge IVF Incharge,ESIC IVF & Fertility Research Centre
|Complete Postal Address, Telephone Number, Fax, e-mail etc.|
|Add for communication||: Flat No 225, DDA/SFS flats, Sector -9, Pocket-1, Dwarka New Delhi – 110075|
|Telephone No.||: 9910933447|
Total teaching experience-17 years 1 month
Special Field of Interest-Infertility and fertility enhancing endoscopic surgery
Publications & Presentations
40 publications in various indexed and scientific journals. Presented paper in various National and Regional conferences. Delivered guest lectures in different conferences/CMEs.
List of Publications:Indexed Journal
1. Wadhwa L, Sharma JB, Arora R, Malhotra M, Sharma S. Severity, affect, family and environment (SAFE) approach to evaluate chronic pelvic pain in adolescent girls. Indian J Med Sci 2004 July; 58(7): 275-282.
2. JB Sharma,Wadhwa L, M.Malhotra, R.Arora, S.Singh. A case of huge enlargement of cystosarcoma phylloides of breast in pregnancy. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 2004 Aug 10; 115(2): 237-9
3. Malhotra M, Sharma JB, Wadhwa L, Arora R. A prospective study of glove perforation in obstetrical and gynecological operations: are we safe enough? : J Obstet Gynaecol Res. 2004 Aug; 30(4): 319-22.
4. Sharma JB, Wadhwa L, Malhotra M, Arora R. Minilap versus conventional laparotomy for abdominal hysterectomy: a comparative study.Indian J Med Sci. 2004 May; 58(5): 196-202.
5. Sharma JB, Wadhwa L, Malhotra M, Arora R, Garg A, Singh S. Huge localized vaginal neurofibromatoses: An unusual cause of postmenopausal bleeding. J Obstet Gynaecol Res. 2004 Apr; 30(2): 96-9.
6. Malhotra M, Sharma JB, Wadhwa L, Singh S. Disseminating myxoid leiomyosarcoma of the uterus. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2004 Jan 29
7. Malhotra M, Sharma JB, Wadhwa L, Arora R. Successful pregnancy outcome after cesarean section in case of gravid uterus growing in an incisional hernia of the anterior abdominal wall. : Indian J Med Sci. 2003 Nov; 57(11): 501-3
8. SharmaJB, Wadhwa L,Arora R, Malhotra M. Recurrent aggressive angiomyxoma of vagina: A rare case report. Indian J Pathol Microbiol 2004 July; 47(3):425-27.
9. Sharma JB, Wadhwa L,Mittal S.Letter to Editor: "Knowledge, attitude and practices of urogynecology in New Delhi,India" Indian J Med Sci. 2005 Jan; 58(5): 196-202.
10. Tempe A, Singh S, Wadhwa L, Garg A. Conventional and Color Doppler sonography in preoperative assessment of ovarian tumors. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2006 Jan; 92(1):64-8. Epub 2005 Nov 21.
11. Tempe A, Wadhwa L, Gupta S, Bansal S, Satyanarayana L. Prediction of maternal mortality and morbidity by simplified acute physiology score (saps II) in obstetric ICU admissions.Indian J Med Sci. 2007 Apr; 61(4):179-85.
12. Kumar S, Satija B, Wadhwa L. Complex mullerian duct anomaly in a young female with primary amenorrhoea, infertility, and chronic pelvic pain. J Hum Reprod Sci 2012; 5:295-7.
13. Wadhwa L, Gupta S, Gupta P, Satija B and Khanna R. (2013) Morbidly Adherent Placenta (MAP): Lessons learnt. Open Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 3, 217-221. doi: 10.4236/ojog.2013.31A040. ( http://www.scirp.org/journal/ojog/)
14. Wadhwa L, Batra S, Tempe A. Role of dydrogesterone in the treatment of idiopathic IUGR. Int J Reprod Contracept Obstet Gynecol 2013; 2:157-60. DOI: 10.5455/2320-1770.ijrcog20130609
15. Wadhwa L, Nain S, Kataria S, Jindal S. Colorectal cancer in pregnancy mimicking tuberculosis. Int J Reprod Contracept Obstet Gynecol 2013; 2:226-8. DOI: 10.5455/2320-1770.ijrcog20130625.
16. Goswami D,Rathore AM; Batra S, Dubey C, Tyagi S, Wadhwa L. Facility-based review of 296 maternal deaths at a tertiary centre in India: could they be prevented?" J Obstet Gynaecol Res. 2013 Dec; 39(12):1569-79. doi: 10.1111/jog.12099. PMID:23875755
17. Wadhwa L, Nain S Jindal S, Gupta S. Mullerian Anomaly Presenting as Chronic Pelvic Pain. Letter to Editor.NJOG 2014 Jan-Jun; 17 (1):87-88
18. Wadhwa L, Pritam A, Gupta T, Gupta S, Arora S, Chandoke R. Effect of endometrial biopsy on intrauterine insemination outcome in controlled ovarian stimulation cycle. J Hum Reprod Sci.2015; 8:151-8.
19. Leena Wadhwa, Sanjana Wadhwa and Sunita Jindal. A rare case of flare up of PID in infertility treatment," Case reports in Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hindawi Publishing Corporation 2015.
20. Wadhwa L, Rani P, Bhatia P. Comparative prospective study of Hysterosalpingography and hysteroscopy in infertile women. J Hum Reprod Sci 2017; 10:73-8
21. Deepika, Gupta S, Wadhwa L, Singh L. Fibroid originated from rudimentary horn in mullerian agenesis. Int J Reprod Contracept Obstet Gynecol 2017; 6:4147-9.
22. Wadhwa L, MishraM.Therapeutic Efficacy Of Endometrial Scratching In Repeated Controlled Ovarian Stimulation (COS) Failure Cycles.J Hum Reprod Sci. March 2018.
1. P.Nagar, K. Trivedi,L Wadhwa. Effect of H.R.T. on lipid profile. U.P. Chapter of Obstetrics& Gynecology 1999.
2. JB Sharma,L Wadhwa, M.Malhotra, R.Arora. Recurrent endometrial adenocarcinoma presenting as mediastinal metastasis. International Journal of Gynecology & Obstetrics India. July-Aug. 2003; Vol. 6. No. 4.
3. JB Sharma,M.Malhotra,P Pundir, R.Arora,L Wadhwa. Myxoid degeneration in a broad ligament fibroid masquerading as a malignant ovarian tumor. (Obst & Gynae Today Vol. VIII No 2 Feb. 2003)
4. M Malhotra,L Wadhwa, JB Sharma. Successful pregnancy outcome by emergency cesarean section and craniotomy in a case of subdural hematoma caused by head injury. International Journal of Gynecology & Obstetrics India in Jan- Feb issue 2004.(Vol 7 No 1)
5. L Wadhwa, JBSharma,M.Malhotra, R.Arora, S.Singh. Corpus luteum hemorrhage masquerading as ovarian ectopic pregnancy. International Journal of Gynecology & Obstetrics India in Jan- Feb issue 2004.(Vol 7 No 1)
6. JB Sharma,DN Mendhekar, RC Jiloha, M Malhotra, L Wadhwa. Pregnancy outcome in an illegitimate pregnancy in an untreated schizophrenic patient. International Journal of Gynecology & Obstetrics India, May-june, 2004.Vol 7 No 3.
7. G Gandhi,L Wadhwa, S Batra, V Zutshi. "Corpus luteum hemorrhage presenting as heterotopic pregnancy". Obs. & Gynae Today. vol ix No 8: Aug 2004.
8. Leena Wadhwa,M.Malhotra, JBSharma R.Arora.Lower uterine segment rupture: An unusual complication of prostaglandin gel induction of labor. Obs. & Gynae Today. vol ix No 9: Sept 2004.
9. Leena Wadhwa, Sachdeva P, Batra S,Arora R. Hemostatic clamping as a mean of controlling massive hemorrhage in association with radical hysterectomy for carcinoma cervix. International Journal of Gynecology & Obstetrics India, Nov-Dec, 2004.Vol 7 No 6.
10. Arora R, Sharma JB, Wadhwa L, Batra S,Sharma S.Efficacy of menopace (multi vitamins and minerals) in menopausal symptoms: a placebo controlled prospective trial. Obs. & Gynae Today. vol x No 2: Feb 2005.
11. Wadhwa L, Tempe A, Gambhir S.Successful pregnancy outcome in an operated case of astrocytoma .Obs. & Gynae Today: vol xii No 1: Jan 2007.
12. JB Sharma,Wadhwa L, M.Malhotra. Prevalence of osteopenia and osteoporosis in nurses in a Teaching hospital of Delhi. International Journal of Gynecology & Obstetrics India, Mar-April, 2007.Vol 10 No 2.
13. Wadhwa L, Tempe ABatra S,Gupta R. Case report on 'Use of Mirena in intractable menorrhagia associated with Aplastic anemia . Obs. & Gynae Today: 2010.
14. Leena Wadhwa, Sangeeta Gupta, Abha Jain.Demography and aetiological profile of maternal mortality cases at a tertiary care centre of India– five and a half years retrospective analysis. Indian Journal of Medical Specialties March 2013 .DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.7713/ijms.2013.0011
15. Gupta Sangeeta, Wadhwa Leena, Gupta Taru, Kumari Sushma, Gupta Nupur, Pritam Amrita. Evaluation of Severe Maternal Outcomes to Assess Quality of Maternal Health Care at a Tertiary Center. JOGI.May 2014.DOI10.1007/s13224-014-0558-8
16. Wadhwa L, Rupali K, Gupta T, Gupta S, Arora S,Nandwani S .Evaluation of Role of GnRH Antagonist in Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) Cycles with Mild Ovarian Hyperstimulation (MOH) - A Prospective Randomised Study.J Obstet Gynaecol India. 2016 Oct; 66(Suppl 1): 459–465.
17. Deepika, Leena Wadhwa, Chandna Shekhar, Jyoti Saini, and Monica Chetani.Successful Obstetric Outcome in Dextrocardia with Situs Inversus and Moderate Pulmonary Hypertension- Rare Case.J Clin Diagn Res. 2016 Oct; 10(10): QD08–QD10.Published online 2016 Oct 1. doi: 10.7860/JCDR/2016/20429.8749
Supervisor for thesis:
Co-supervisor for thesis: –
1. Manaktala U , Wadhwa L . Hormone replacement therapy in low risk women in 'Problem based approach in obstetrics and gynecology" edited by Zutshi V, Kumar A , Batra S ( Jaypee 2002, pg 53-64).
2. Arora R, Wadhwa L. Vault prolapse: Practical approach to management. Problem based approach in obstetrics and Gynecology; edited by Zutshi V, Kumar A , Batra S ( Jaypee 2002, pg 119-125).
3. Sharma JB, Wadhwa L .Congenital anomalies of the uterus .Common viva discussions in obstetrics and gynecology; edited by Prasad S, Mala Y, Batra S ( Jaypee 2004, pg 19-22).
4. Wadhwa L, A. Tempe. Septic abortion and septic shock: Infections in obstetrics and gynaecology ; edited by Gandhi G, Mehta S, Batra S ( Jaypee 2005, pg 125-135).
5. Tempe A , Wadhwa L.Urinary tract infections in pregnancy: Infections in obstetrics and gynaecology ; edited by Gandhi G, Mehta S, Batra S ( Jaypee 2005, pg 93-98)
6. Wadhwa L, Tempe A. Ectopic pregnancy. Practical approach to management of common gynecological diseases; edited by Arora R, Batra S (Jaypee 2006, pg 32-36).
7. Tempe A, Wadhwa L.Genital prolapse. Practical approach to management of common gynecological diseases; edited by Arora R, Batra S (Jaypee 2006, pg 87-95).
8. Wadhwa L, Hema R. Tests of ovulation and Tubal patency. Diagnostic Procedures and Minor Surgical Interventions in Obstetrics and Gynaecology; edited by Manaktala U, Gupta S, Batra S (Jaypee 2007, pg 194-200).
9. Sharma JB,Wadhwa L. Menstrual Dysfunction.Manual of Gynecology; edited by Saritha Shamsunder(CBS publishers 2007,pg 94-103)
10. Leena Wadhwa: Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) Guidelines in 'Current Concepts in Contraception & Women's Health'edited by Anjali Tempe, Leena Wadhwa,Swaraj Batra (Jaypee 2008, pg 231-236).
11. Wadhwa L,Sanwal S. Bleeding disorders in pregnancy. Common medical disorders in Obstetrics;edited by Kumar A, Shamsunder S, Batra S (Jaypee 2009, pg 162-186).
12. Wadhwa L, Prasad S. Cryobiology: Where are we? FROZEN LIFE, A comprehensive manual of cryobiology for assisted reproduction and stem cells; edited by Pankaj Talwar(Jaypee 2009, pg 139-145).
13. Wadhwa L, Nigam A,Sigchi S.Heart disease in pregnancy.Case discussions in Obstetrics & Gynecology(Jaypee 2011, pg 75-86).
14. Leena Wadhwa, Apoorva Kulshreshtha. Prenatal Cytogenetics . Manual of Cytogenetics in Reproductive Biology.Jaypee 2014,pg277-83
15. Leena Wadhwa. Ovulation induction in IUI/IVF.Video Atlas of Assisted Reproductive Technologies and Clinical Embryology. Jaypee 2014
16. Leena Wadhwa, Shubhi Yadav, Pooja.Endoscopy in Gynecology – principles & equipments. Evidence Based Clinical Gynecology 2016. Jaypee Brothers
17. Leena Wadhwa, Antima Rathore. Contraceptive Practice in India. Text book of contraception. FOGSI 2017
18. Leena Wadhwa, Deepika. Evidence based clinical and investigative work up of RPL couples. Recurrent pregnancy loss. Springer Publication 2017.
19. Dr Leena Wadhwa, Dr Antima Rathore.Preconception Counseling And Antenatal Care. Textbook of Obstetrics.
1. Sangeeta Gupta,Leena Wadhwa. Role of ESIC in reducing Maternal Mortality. "Safe motherhood Bulletin"&FOGSI-FOCUS April 2013.
2. Sangeeta Gupta,Leena Wadhwa. Postpartum contraception.AOGD bulletin ,Jan 2014
3. Leena Wadhwa,Sharmistha Banerjee.Optimising success rates in ART.AOGD bulletin ,Sept 2014.
4. Leena Wadhwa , Sanjana N Wadhwa, Ashish Fauzdar .SURROGACY, Right v/s Law. AOGD bulletin, Jan 2017.
5. Leena Wadhwa,Lata Singh-Cesearean Myomectomy-Trends and controversies.AOGD bulletin, Jan 2018.
6. Col Pankaj Talwar, Leena Wadhwa, Shubhi Yadav.ARText Endometriosis &Infertility-An enigma.IFS E-bulletin, 2017.
Examiner for Undergraduate and Postgraduate exams since 2014
Post of repute:
Training in IVF & Embryology