Main Promo Images
The Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology, Basaidarapur has bed strength of 140 with 100% bed occupancy and is one of the busiest departments of the hospital with maximum number of indoor patients throughout the year.The department is a tertiary centre for patients care hence, huge number of high risk patients are referred from other ESI hospitals of Delhi & NCR for tertiary care in the figure shown below:
Head of the Department – Dr Sangeeta Gupta
Professor & Academic Head - Dr Taru Gupta
Professor – Dr. Leena Wadhwa, Dr. Pratiksha Gupta
Associate Professor- Dr. Sunita Jindal, Dr. Sangeeta Gupta
Assistant Professor – Dr. Nupur Gupta, Dr. Snigdha Kumari, Dr Smita Gupta, Dr Sarita Gupta
• Faculty members are executive members of various gynecology forums at National & State level like AOGD, NARCHI, FOGSI etc.
• They also represent as chairpersons/external examiners/invited faculty to deliver orations and guest lectures at state as well as national level forums.
Specialist Dr Shashi Prabha
Dr. Rekha Barar
Dr. Dipti Garg
3rd year- Dr.Deepika, Dr. Chandana Shekhar, Dr. Ashima Gulia, Dr. Pooja Thakur, Dr. Anita Kumari, Dr. Sonika Wahi.
2nd year- Dr. Kumari Smita, Dr. Suman Kumari, Dr. Shweta, Dr. Megha Aggarwal, Dr. Shubhi Yadav, Dr. Jyoti Yadav
1st year- Dr. Shilpa Tholia, Dr. Anil Kumar, Dr. Lata Singh, Dr. Samar Muktar, Dr. Andleeb Fatima, Dr. Swati Rai, Dr. Supriya Pandey, Dr. Syeed Nawaz, Dr. Sanjita
3rd year- Dr. Sonu Kumari
2nd year- Dr. Sonam Singh, Dr. Shrishti Priyadarshini, Dr. Kirti Singla
1st year- Dr. Pooja Sharma, Dr. Ankita Mansinghka, Dr. Ritu Singh, Dr. Anupama Rani, Dr. Monika Margharet, Dr. Pallavi Shekhawat, Dr. Utkarsha, Dr. Swapnika Boppudi
Academic activities going on in the department
QUIZ conducted in the department on the eve of "world population day" 2017
DEBATE conducted in the department on eve of "world population day" 2017
Information regarding contraception being imparted to the patients
• Practical Endoscopic training centre established – Training given to ESI Doctors
1) Comparison of different doses of vaginal misoprostol for cervical ripening before diagnostic hystero-laparoscopy- 10- 12 hrs before procedure
2) Role of chromo-hysteroscopy guided biopsy in evaluation of endometrial pathology
3) A comparative study to assess the accuracy of transvaginal sonography and saline infusion sonohysterography in comparison with histopathological examination of hysteroscopic guided endometrial biopsy in detecting the cause of AUB
4) Impact of vitamin D supplementation on semen quality n vitamin D deficient infertile males with oligoasthenozoospermia
5) Impact of intrauterine HCG before IUI in infertile woman
6) A comparative analysis of newer methods of USG fetal weight estimation with the conventional methods in a tertiary care hospital in New Delhi
7) Study to estimate the diagnostic accuracy of ultrasound as compared to MRI to assess levator ani defects in pelvic organ prolapse patients
8) Prevalence of thyroid dysfunction in infertile woman and effect of thyroxine therapy on reproductive outcome
9) Comparative evaluation of slow release intravaginal dinoprostone insert and transcervical foley's catheter in induction of labour
10) Comparative study of sFlt-1(soluble FMS like tyrosine kinase-1)/Plgf(placental growth factor) ratio with uterine artery doppler indices in prediction of preeclampsia at 22-24 weeks period of gestation
11) Role of intrauterine levobupivacaine as local anesthesia in outpatient gynecological procedures: a randomized control trial
12) 3-D ultrasound evaluation of cesarean section scar and its role in determining the mode of delivery
The department has organized many CMEs and Hands-on workshops
1. CME on Maternal Mortality on 8th July, 2011.
2. CME on Infertility and Hands-on workshop on Intra Uterine Insemination (IUI) on 3rd Nov, 2011.
3. The department has been recognized as an active member of AOGD at par with other teaching hospital. ESI-PGIMSR has been included to conduct monthly clinical meeting of AOGD.1st meeting was held on 30th Dec, 2011.
4. Work shop on Gynae Endoscopy on 12th Jan, 2012.
5. Pre congress workshop on Maternal Mortality of 11th World Congress on Reproductive & Child Health, NARCHI at India Habitat Centre on 14th sep, 2012.
6. CME on PCOS-"Adolescence till Menopause" on 25th April 2013
7. CME on Anemia in Pregnancy under Safe motherhood committee AOGD 2014
8. Pre congress workshop on High Risk Pregnancy AOGD 2014
9. Workshop on "Medico legal Aspects of Maternal & Child Health" on 02-11-2015 Under the aegis of 37th Annual Conference of Association of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists of Delhi
10. Workshop on PC PNDT AOGD 2016
11. AOGD monthly clinical meet on 03.03.2017 Organized by Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology, ESI- PGIMSR Basaidarapur, New Delhi.
12. Workshop on "ABC of Critical Care Obstetrics" on 22-07-2017 Under the aegis of Multidisciplinary committee AOGD
13. AOGD monthly clinical meet on 03.03.2017 Organized by Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology, ESI- PGIMSR Basaidarapur, New Delhi.
Out patient department
Well equipped, OPD Procedures as ultrasound, PAP smear, Colposcopy are being done in OPD.
Patients waiting in queue
Patients being examined
Photo showing colposcope USG in Out patient department
Infertility OPD runs on a daily basis catering an average of 30-40 patients daily.
Patients waiting outside infertility OPDPatients being seen in infertility OPD
Family planning OPD runs on a daily basis with approximately 35-40 clients attending OPD per day.
Patient being explained about various methods of contraception in family planning OPD
The department is running various special clinics as under
1. INFERTILITY CLINIC- Daily
2. HIGH RISK PREGNANCY CLINIC- Monday
3. POSTNATAL CLINIC- Wednesday
4. FAMILY PLANNING- Daily
5. MENOPAUSAL CLINIC- Thursday
6. Endocrinal & ADOLESCENT CLINIC AND CANCER CLINIC- Friday
Obstetric Unit is fully equipped to deal with high risk pregnancies round the clock.Well equipped labour room with CTG Machine and ultrasound and all advanced technology equipments are available.Labour room has attached operation theatre with all modern equipments for Caesarean section.
Picture showing casuality patient receivingroom
Picture showing CTG and other maternal monitor in labour room
Department has facilities of 24 hrs functioning emergencyOT with recovery room
Emergency OT working 24 hrsPicture showing OT with recovery room
The department is self-contained and all Obstetrics & Gynaecological surgeries including advanced Endoscopic and Onco-Surgeries are performed. The Department is equipped with latest endoscopic equipments including operating laparoscopes, hysteroscope, resectoscope and colposcope.
Diagnostic laparoscopy Modular OT
- Ovarian Cystectomy
- Diag. and Operative Hysteroscopic surgeries
- Carcinoma cervix
- Ca endometrium
- Ca ovary
Ca vulva, vagina
Training Centre in Department
Endoscopic basic and advanced
Infertility clinic Level II
Infertility clinic-Exsisting facility
IUI Lab & IVF lab
The Department runs ART (Assisted Reproductive Technology) level II Clinic
Alarge number of patients have conceived and delivered after infertility treatment in this hospital
Family planning services are provided on a daily basis in family planning OT which includes laparoscopic ligation, suction evacuation, CuT insertion, Mirena insertion.
Department has already started training in Gynae endoscopic Surgery. Infertility clinic Level II with IUI Lab.
Photo showing IVF centre
Department is in the process of starting IVF Centre. High Dependency Unit and Onco-Surgery Units are also proposed in near future.
Teaching faculty and specialist and medical officer – total 11
Advanced surgeries /best case study with successful outcome
Short term achievements
Maternal motality and morbidity has reduced
Advancement in endoscopic surgeries
Advancement in ART
MD 4 batches passed
Teaching and academic activities
Conferences, workshops successfully conducted
Long term plans
Centre of excellence
Superspeciality in gynae oncology and endocrinology
Robotic endoscopic surgery
Dr. Sangeeta Gupta Senior consultant & HOD
Dr. Taru Gupta, Professor & Academic Head
Field of interest- High risk pregnancy, Endoscopic surgery & Gynae Oncology
Dr. Snigdha Kumari, Assistant Professor