Dr Paschal D'Souza
||Professor & Head, Department of Dermatology &Venereology
||Department of Dermato-Venereology All India Institute of Medical Sciences New Delhi
||July 1992-July 1995
||AIIMS, New Delhi
||J.L.N. Medical College Ajmer-305001
||Oct 1985-Jan 1991
|JLN MED.COLLEGE AJMER
|JLN MED.COLLEGE AJMER
|ESI-PGIMSR, NEW DELHI
| HONOURS AND AWARDS
- Professor K.C. Kandhari Award for Best Resident in Dermatology 1994.
- Dr. P.S. Ranganathan Memorial Prize for standing second in paper presentation IASSTD Conference at Allahabad in 1996.
- Running Shield for best CME presentation in1997
- Ranked 2nd in Final MBBS
- Moti Lal & Jatan Bai Gold Medal for Highest Marks in Obstetrics & Gynaecology in Final MBBS
- Dr. M.L. Bagh Silver medal for 2nd Highest Marks in Final MBBS
- Ranked 3rd in Second MBBS
| PUBLICATIONS &PRESENTATIONS
- Published 34 papers in Scientific journals
- Presented several papers in national and international Conferences
- Co-authored a book (Pasricha JS, Misra RS, Gupta R, Ramesh V, Ramam M, Khaitan BK, Khera V, Dhir V, Kumar J, Lakhanpal S, Dogra D, D’Souza P, Sood A. Current Literature in Dermatology 1995. New Age International (P) Limited Publishers, N. Delhi 1997)
- Contributed to a book
- Contributed chapters to CME Manual
- Contributed chapter to booklet on Scalp & Hair Disorders
- Khaitan BK, Dattagupta S, D’Souza P. Fungal Infections. In , Workbook of 4th National CME on Dermatopathology, New Delhi, 2000.
- D’Souza P. Scaly Scalp Disorders. In Update on Dermatology published by IADV & L West Bengal 2005.
- Guest Speakers in various National & Regional Conferences
- Life Member, Indian Association of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology.
- Founding Member, Indian Association of Dermatopathology
- Founding Member, Pemphigus Foundation
- AIIMS, New Delhi
- Assisted Prof. RK Pandhi( AIIMS ) in devising new therapeutic protocol for Pemphigus patients in the form of high dose oral Betamethasone pulse therapy with daily Endoxan.
- Assisted Addl. Prof. Dr. M Ramam (AIIMS) in developing aggressive initial supervised multidrug therapy for treatment of Actinomycotic Mycetoma.
- Assisted in development of Day Care Centre in Dermatology Ward at AIIMS for treating patients on short admission basis.
- Contributed to development of Dermatosurgery Clinic at AIIMS
- JLN MEDICAL COLLEGE, Ajmer
- Contributed to development of Dermatosurgery Clinic, Dermatopathology, Specialized clinics in Psoariasis, Pigmentary disorders, Collagen Vascular Disease, Autoimmune Disorders, STD/HIV Programmes.
- ESIC-PGIMSR Basaidarapur, New Delhi
- As Professor and Head, contributed to overall development of Department, recognition by MCI for starting Postgraduation in the department, starting special clinics and also a nodal officer for computerization of the department.
|Contributions in Community and National Programmes
- Resource person and Incharge of National HIV Sentinel Surveillance Programme, in Ajmer District, actively conducting HIV Surveillance in STD Clinics and at Commercial Sex Workers sites, which is held for 3 months each year.
- Resource person and Faculty for training of Medical College Teachers and District Level Medical Officers in refresher courses on AIDS Control Programme organized by NACO.
- Regularly participating in health camps for skin diseases, STD and Leprosy, held in various parts of Ajmer Dist. Organized by Rajasthan Govt., State Govt. schools, NGOs etc.
- Regularly participating in Radio talks on different topics related to Public Awareness of Skin Disorders
- Nominated as Visiting Dermatologist to Ajmer Central Prison to treat skin disorders among prison inmates.
- Professor & Head Deptt. of Dermatology, ESI-PGIMSR, Basaidarapur, New Delhi since November 2011
- Incharge of MEU, ESI PGIMSR, Basaidarapur, New Delhi
- Was Incharge STD & HIV Clinic JLN Medical College Ajmer for 10 years.
- Incharge Central Workshop JLN Hospital Ajmer for 1 year.
- Member of Hospital & Medical College Committees on
- Adverse Drug Reactions
- Purchase of medicines related to STD Clinics
- Undergraduates discipline
- Cultural activities of MBBS students
- Chairperson for medical Boards for certifying HIV/AIDS cases for obtaining travel concessions from Govt.
- Member DIET programme for educating school children about reproductive health, STDs and HIV.